SBAC CDE News
The California Department of Education (CDE) Smarter Balanced update is a bimonthly e-mail that reports on current and upcoming Smarter Balanced development activities. To join the CDE Smarter Balanced e-mail list, send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this issue:
- Draft Accessibility and Accommodations Guidelines Available for Public Review
- Smarter Balanced Practice Test Enhancements
Draft Accessibility and Accommodations Guidelines Available for Public Review
The draft Smarter Balanced Accessibility and Accommodations Guidelines is available for public review and comment through August 27, 2013. Links to the Guidelines and instructions for providing feedback are available on the CDE Smarter Balanced Web page.
Smarter Balanced Practice Test Enhancements
On August 26, 2013, Smarter Balanced is expected to add the following enhancements to its online Practice Tests:
- Special forms for math (Spanish glossary, Braille, and text-to-speech for grades 4, 5, 6, and 8)
- Special forms for English-language arts (ELA) (Braille and text-to-speech for grades 3, 5, 6, and 8)
- Math performance tasks, including performance tasks for special forms (Spanish glossary, Braille, text-to-speech)
- Additional items on ELA forms
- Practice Test for use with Internet Explorer 10
The Practice Tests will be unavailable for system updates this weekend, August 24-25, 2013, and access will resume August 26, 2013. The Practice Tests and supporting documents are available on the Smarter Balanced Web site . The Practice Test Help Desk can be accessed by phone at 855-833-1969 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Additional information about Smarter Balanced is available on the CDE Smarter Balanced Web page at . General questions about the Smarter Balanced assessments should be directed to the CDE California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress Office by phone at 916-445-8765 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.