The Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) helps schools determine if they have sufficient technology to administer Smarter Balanced assessments. More details on using the TRT can be found on the Technology Readiness Tool page.
The "Home" screen has a dashboard that includes the following information:
- number of devices
- percent of devices that meet minimum or recommended requirements
- percent of students that can be tested on existing devices based on minimum or recommended requirements
- percent of students that can be tested on existing network infrastructure based on minimum or recommended requirements
Network Bandwidth Options
New network speed options have been added: 5MB, 15MB, and 25MB.
Operating System Options
New operating system options have been added:
- Windows Multipoint Server 2010-2011
- Windows Multipoint Server 2012
- Linux Ubuntu v9-11.04 (previous devices in the Ubuntu v9-12 category have been moved to this new option)
- Linux Ubuntu v11.10 or greater
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Smarter Balanced support date to be determined)
- iOS 7.x (Smarter Balanced support date to be determined)
Mark Data Entry Complete
IMPORTANT: The method of marking a school as complete has been redesigned. TRT 3.0 requires data in all required fields before a school can be marked as complete. See the TRT Basic Steps page for information on the required fields and the method for marking a school as complete. If you are unsure if a school is marked as complete, hover over the Results & Indicators tab, and choose the Completion Status report.
Overall Readiness Indicators Report
The new Overall Readiness Indicators report provides an overview of a school's readiness from a devices and network point of view. Also, a "what if" calculator is available so you can experiment with different variables that are used in the readiness calculations. This report is available under the Results & Indicators menu.