Information on ARRA funds and tax credits for facilities projects, including energy efficiency and QZAB and QSCB tax credits.
California Department of Education Resources
- Community Facilities Direct Loan and Grant Program (Outside Source)
Community Facilities direct loans and grants are available to develop essential community facilities in rural areas and towns of up to 20,000 in population. Funds may be used for facility acquisition, construction, renovation, or the purchase of equipment and furnishings. Eligible applicants are units of local government, non-profit organizations, and Federally-recognized Indian tribes. The goal of the Community Facilities program is to improve the quality of life for rural residents through the provision of essential community facilities such as health care, public safety, and education. The program provides facilities, equipment, and furnishings to house and provide these services.
Operating funds are not available through this program. Community Facilities loan and grant applications are processed at the local level. Contact your local Rural Development Area Office (Outside Source) for additional information and application materials.
- Impact Aid Construction
- Federal Subsidies for Public School Improvement and Modernization Activities (Outside Source)
- On April 3, 2009, the United States Treasury Department announced the allocation amounts for the existing Qualified Zone Academy Bond Program (QZAB) and the new Qualified School Construction Bond Program (QSCB). The QZAB program is administered by the California Department of Education and guidance for the 2008 and 2009 authorizations will be forthcoming and modeled after prior year processes updated for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act intent and reporting requirements. The 2009 QSCB authorizations flow directly to the top 100 largest local education agencies (40 percent of allocation) and through the State of California (remaining 60 percent of allocation). The QCSB process is yet to be determined. Source: IRS Notice 2009-35 and Notice 2009-30 (Outside Source)
Related Links and Resources