California Department of Education Resources
- Infrastructure Approval Process
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds for special education may be spent for infrastructure if the local educational agency (LEA) (1) certifies that the project has received the full review and vetting required by law and that the investment is an appropriate use of taxpayer dollars (required by Section 1511 of ARRA) and (2) demonstrates that the program would be improved by allowing funds to be used for these purposes and obtains prior approval from the CDE (required by Section 605 of IDEA).
- Alphabetical Listing of Reported 1511 Certifications for the IDEA Funds (Updated 05-May-2011; DOC)
- ARRA IDEA, Part B-611, Preschool Local Entitlement
- ARRA IDEA, Part B-611, State Institutions
- ARRA IDEA, Part B-619, Special Education Preschool Grant
- ARRA IDEA, Part B-611, Local Assistance
U.S. Department of Education Resources
- Using ARRA Funds Provided Through Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to Drive School Reform and Improvement (Posted 08-Sep-2009; PDF)
- Using IDEA Part C ARRA funds to Improve Outcomes for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities and their Families (Posted 08-Sep-2009; PDF)
- Implementing Response to Intervention (RTI) Using Title I, Title III, and Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS) Funds (Posted 08-Sep-2009) This presentation explains how funds under Title I and Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and CEIS funds under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) may be used to support Response to Intervention (RTI) in public schools.
- Education Secretary Arne Duncan Proposes to Allow States to Use Up to $41 Million of Existing Title I and IDEA Funds to Effectively Administer, Monitor and Report Use of ARRA Funds (DOC)
- The U.S. Department of Education (ED) regularly posts new information on Funds for Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act , including:
- 2009 IDEA Parts B & C American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Formula Grant Award Memos and Enclosures
- 2009 Parts B and C Formula Grant Award Application Packages