This page is the Accessible Alternative Version of Item 19 Attachment 3 from the California State Board of Education Meeting Agenda for July 2014. The scanned Item 19 Attachment 3 (PDF; 1MB) version is considered to be the official version of the document.
Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement
(REGULATIONS AND ORDERS). User entries from the STD. 399 (REV. 12/2013) Form.
Department Name: Education
Contact Person: Linda M. Hakala
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: 916-319-0658
Descriptive Title From Notice Register Or From 400: Revocation of, or Other Action Related to, a Charter by the State Board of Education
Notice File Number: Z
Economic Impact Statement
Section A. ESTIMATED PRIVATE SECTOR COST IMPACTS (Include calculations and assumptions in the rulemaking record.)
Section A.1. Check the appropriate box(es) below to indicate whether this regulation:
- Selected option is H: None of the above (Explain below)
- Option H explanation: The regulations would not impose any additional costs to the private sector.
If any box in Items 1a through g is checked, complete this Economic Impact Statement. If box in Item l.h. is checked, complete the Fiscal Impact Statement as appropriate.
Fiscal Impact Statement
Section A. FISCAL EFFECT ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes 1 through 6 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 6: Other. Explain.
- Option 6 explanation: Repeal of these regulations will not result in increased costs as the local authorizers are currently responsible for oversight and review during the normal renewal cycle.
Section B. FISCAL EFFECT ON STATE GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes 1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 4: Other. Explain.
- Option 4 explanation: The repeal of the regulations would result in no cost savings as the CDE has not been provided with funding to perform the tasks as outlined in the regulations.
Section C. FISCAL EFFECT ON FEDERAL FUNDING OF STATE PROGRAMS (Indicate appropriate boxes1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 3: No fiscal impact exists. This regulation does not affect any federally funded State agency or program.
Fiscal Officer Signature: Signed by Linda Hakala dated February 20, 2014
The signature attests that the agency has completed the STD. 399 according to the instructions in the State Administrative Manual (SAM) sections 6601-6616, and understands the impacts of the proposed rulemaking. State boards, offices, or department not under an Agency Secretary must have the form signed by the highest ranking official in the organization.
Agency Secretary: Signed by Jeannie Oropeza dated February 21, 2014
Finance approval and signature is required when SAM sections 6601-6616 require completion of Fiscal Impact Statement in the STD. 399.
Department of Finance Program Budget Manager: No signature.