April 2006 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Standardized Testing and Reporting Program: Approve Commencement of Rulemaking Process to Amend Title 5 Regulations (DOC; 185KB; 43pp.)
- California High School Exit Examination: Including, but not limited to, California High School Exit Examination program and independent evaluation update (DOC; 35KB; 1pp.)
- Update of 2004-05 Title III Accountability Results (DOC; 199KB; 5pp.)
- No Child Left Behind Act Of 2001: Including, But Not Limited To An Update On California’s Report Of The Review Conducted By The U.S. Department Of Education On The Administration Of The Title III, Part A (DOC; 131KB; 15pp.)
- Mathematics and Reading Professional Development Program (Senate Bill 472): Update on Reauthorization and Its Potential Impact (DOC; 45KB; 4pp.)
- Braille Reading Standards, Assembly Bill 2326 (Chapter 653, Statutes of 2002) and Braille Mathematics Standards, Assembly Bill 897 (Chapter 530, Statutes of 2005) (DOC; 32KB; 2pp.)
- High Priority Schools Grant Program (HSPGP): Amend Definition of Significant Growth and Criteria to Determine Academic Growth for HPSGP Schools Without a Valid Academic Performance Index: Approve Regulations to Commence with Rulemaking Process (DOC; 45KB; 3pp.)
- Immediate Intervention/Underperforming Schools Program: Report on Assignment of Sanctions for Six State-Monitored Schools (DOC; 54KB; 4pp.)
- Annual Report Regarding Progress Toward Reaching Annual Numerical Goals in the Elimination of the Multitrack Year-Round Education Concept 6 Calendar by Lodi and Los Angeles Unified School Districts Pursuant to California Education Code Section 37684, Chapter 901, Statutes of 2004 (Assembly Bill 1550) (DOC; 109KB; 6pp.)