June 2005 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) Training Module Development and Proposed Revision of PFT Regulations (DOC; 37KB; 2pp.)
- California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE): Including, but not limited to, CAHSEE Program Update on Test Administrations and Independent Evaluation (DOC; 35KB; 2pp.)
- 2005 Follow-Up Adoption of Instructional Materials for Mathematics, Reading Language Arts/English Language Development (RLA/ELD), and Foreign Language: Adoption Update (DOC; 57KB; 3 pp.)
- Implementation of Senate Bill (SB) 1113, Chapter 208, Statutes of 2004, Item 6110-189-0001: Funding for Supplementary Materials for English Learners (DOC; 47KB; 5pp.)
- Report of the Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission (DOC; 104KB; 4pp.)
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE): Review of Recommended Standards for Programs for Gifted and Talented Students (DOC; 106KB; 10pp.)
- The Principal Training Program (AB 75): Module 2 Criteria (DOC; 124KB; 7pp.)
- Legislative Update (DOC; 77KB; 9pp.)
- Statewide Benefit Charter School Application – High Tech High Learning (DOC; 93KB; 8pp.)
District Petitions (DOC; 78KB; 12pp.)
- Attachment 3 - 2005 - State Board Approved All-Charter Districts (XLS; 19KB; 1p.)
- Elimination of the multitrack year-round education Concept 6 calendar by Lodi and Los Angeles Unified School Districts pursuant to California Education Code sections 37660-37695, Chapter 901, Statutes of 2004 (DOC; 41KB; 3pp.)