October 2003 Information MemorandaTSD annual Review package automatic description.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- NAEP Update (PDF; 380KB; 18pp.)
- Assembly Bill 1994 Implementation Regulations (Programmatic) (PDF; 280KB; 23pp.)
- Academy of Culture and Technology (ACT) Petition to Become a State Board-Chartered School (PDF; 255KB; 15pp.)
- 2003 Foreign Language Primary Adoption- Curriculum Development Supplemental Materials Commission Recommendations (PDF; 158KB; 4pp.)
- Approval of 12 New High Priority Schools (PDF; 76KB; 2pp.)
- Proposed Amendments to California Code of Regulations Title 5, Education, Division 1, Chapter 2, Subchapter 3, Article 4. Vision Screening (PDF; 144KB; 8pp.)
- Irradiated beef and its use in the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program (PDF; 165KB; 3pp.)
- Legislative Update: Including, but not limited to, information on legislation (PDF; 96KB; 5pp.)
- Model Charter School Application (PDF; 499KB; 32pp.)
- NCLB Teacher Requirement Regulations and Resource Guide (PDF; 91KB; 1pp.)
- Report of the Curriculum Development and Supplemental Material Commission (PDF; 373KB; 7pp.)
- Reading First Program (PDF; 116KB; 2pp.)
- 2002 Annual Report of Waiver Activity (PDF; 266KB; 20pp.)