December 2003 Information MemorandaBackground information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- The Academic Performance Index (API) Growth Report: Moving the Release Date to August (PDF; 82KB; 5pp.)
- Summary of California English Language Development Test (CELDT) 2003 Annual Assessment (PDF; 65KB; 3pp.)
- California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE): Request for Proposal (RFP) for a Study Regarding Alternatives to the CAHSEE (PDF; 54KB; 1p.)
- Blueprints for the Middle School and High School Science Tests (PDF; 193KB; 11pp.)
- California Physical Fitness Testing (PFT) 2003: Report to the Governor and Legislature (PDF; 694KB; 24pp.)
- No Child Left Behind Act of 2001: Program Improvement Districts (PDF; 143KB; 6pp.)
- Report of the Curriculum Development and Supplemental Material Commission (PDF; 141KB; 3.pp)
- Visual and Performing Arts Draft Framework (PDF; 58KB; 1pp.)
- Proposed Amendments to California Code of Regulations Title 5, Education, Division 1, Chapter 2, Subchapter 3, Article 4. Vision Screening (PDF; 183KB; 10pp.)