State Advisory Council on Early Learning and Care Meeting Agenda for August 22, 2012
Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Team Meeting Agenda for August 6, 2012
Notice of Request from California to the U.S. Department of Education to waive subsection 1116(b) and (c) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) for the 2012–13 and 2013–14 academic years (Posted 15-May-2012)
- Letter to Acting Assistant Secretary Michael Yudin, U.S. Department of Education (DOC; 3MB; Posted 15-May-2012)
Notice to Greenfield Union School District for March 15, 2012 (Posted 23-Mar-2012)
Notice to Alisal Union Elementary School District for March 1, 2012 (Posted 08-Mar-2012)
Special Education Funding Meeting Notice for October 14, 2011 - Updated
2013-14 Student Board Member Application and Information (Posted 14-Sep-2012)
Every summer, the Governor appoints one high school senior to the State Board of Education (SBE) for a one-year term.
Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Team Meeting Agenda for September 22, 2011
Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Team Meeting Agenda for July 19, 2011
(Updated 18-Jul-2011) Postponed
Bonsall Unification Proposal Meeting Notice
Advisory Commission on Charter Schools: Call for Applications Extended to May 5, 2011
(DOC; Updated 28-Apr-2011)
Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Team Meeting Agenda for May 3, 2011
Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Team Meeting Agenda for April 19, 2011
Parent Empowerment Public Discussion and Workgroup for March 30, 2011
Striving Readers State Literacy Team Meeting Agenda for February 17, 2011 (Posted 07-Feb-2011)
Notice of Request by California to United States Department of Education to Waive School Improvement Grant (SIG) Program Requirements and Opportunity to Comment - December 31, 2010 (Posted 31-Dec-2010)
- Letter to Assistant Secretary Thelma Meléndez de Santa Ana - December 29, 2010
- Letter to U.S. Department of Education's Acting Assistant Secretary Michael Yudin - Dated October 21, 2011
- Letter to Assistant Secretary Thelma Meléndez de Santa Ana - August 27, 2010
- Adequate Yearly Progress: Approval of the 14-Day Notice Waiver to Allow the Reporting of Graduation Rate Data After the Initial Release of the 2010 Adequate Yearly Progress Reports (DOC; 1MB)
- Letter to Assistant Secretary Thelma Meléndez de Santa Ana - August 10, 2010
(DOC; 1MB; Posted 12-Aug-2010)
- List of SIG Funding by LEA
(XLS; Posted 12-Aug-2010)
- California Academic Content Standards Commission Meeting Announcement
- June 2010
- California Academic Content Standards Commission Meeting Agenda
- June 17-18, 2010
- Alisal Union Elementary School District
- Greenfield Union Elementary School District
- Round Valley Unified School District (Posted 08-Nov-2010)
December 12, 2008 Public Meeting Notice Waiver Workgroup (Posted 25-Nov-2008)
The purpose of this meeting is to begin the process of identifying particular elements of the Education Code (EC) that are consistent impediments to the success of schools and districts and particular elements of the EC that are helpful and important.
Screening Committee Public Meeting Notices
The purpose of these meetings are to review applications and conduct interviews.
Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Public Hearings
Announcement of Regional Public Hearings for Proposed Performance Level Cut Scores.
Title I Committee of Practitioners
The State Board of Education is seeking applications for appointment to serve on the Title I Committee of Practitioners. The purpose of the Committee is to review any State rules, regulations, and policies relating to Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act to ensure they conform to the purposes of Title I.
SBE Public Forums
Regarding Corrective Action Plans under
No Child Left Behind
The purpose of these meetings are to enable members of the State Board of Education to hear from school districts and their communities regarding the framework for corrective actions under No Child Left Behind and its potential impact on them.
Resolutions from the State Board of Education.