November 5, 2013 Screening Committee Notice
CALIFORNIA STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION1430 N Street, Suite 5111
Sacramento, CA 95814
State Board of Education Screening Committee Members
- Sue Burr, Chair
- Bruce Holaday
- Ilene Straus
Screening Committee of the State Board of Education
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Blue Prynt Restaurant Sacramento
The Board Room
815 11th Street, 1st Floor
The purpose of this meeting is to interview candidates for the 2014-15 Student Member position for the State Board of Education. The Screening Committee will decide which candidates it will recommend to the full State Board of Education at the November 2013 meeting. In addition, the Screening Committee will discuss and consider reappointments to the Instructional Quality Commission (IQC), and the Child Nutrition Advisory Council (CNAC).
- Call to Order, Chair
- Welcome and Introductions, Chair
- Consideration of candidates for the 2014-15 State Board of Education Student Member, as follows:
- Application review and interviews of candidates for the 2014-15 State Board of Education Student Member position.
- Selection of three candidates to recommend to the State Board of Education for approval and forwarding to the Governor for appointment consideration.
- Consideration of the reappointment of four members to the Child Nutrition Advisory Council.
- Consideration of the reappointment of three members of the Instructional Quality Commission.
ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND ARE PROVIDED FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function of the California State Board of Education may request assistance by contacting Lisa Hopkins at the California State Board of Education, 1430 N Street, Room 5111, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by telephone at 916-319-0826; or by facsimile at 916-319-0175.
For more information concerning this agenda, please contact Patricia de Cos, Deputy Executive Director at the California State Board of Education, 1430 N Street, Room 5111, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by telephone at 916-319-0702; or by facsimile at 916-319-0175. This agenda is posted on the State Board of Education’s Web site [http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/].