World Language Standards Discussion QuestionsFocus Group Discussion Questions of the 2018 Revision of the World Language Standards.
The primary goal for revising the World Language standards in California is to outline a progression of learning in kindergarten through grade twelve in California's World Language education in the 21st Century.
Discussion of the following questions will ensure that the revision of California’s World Language Content Standards for California Public Schools: Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve (CA WL Standards) includes the voice of World Language educators in California.
- What should be the goals for World Language education in the 21st Century?
- What suggestions do you have for updating the structure, scope, and sequence of the 2009 World Language Content Standards?
- To what extent should the revised 2018 CA WL Standards reflect or be aligned with content in the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages?
- How can the revised 2018 CA WL Standards support biliteracy and dual immersion programs?
- How can the standards support the development of intercultural competence?
- Finally, what other recommendations do you have to ensure that California’s 2018 CA WL Standards will be a useful tool for California’s World Language educators?
The public at large, and members of the public who are participating at either the primary location of the videoconference meeting sites, will have an opportunity to provide public comment to the above questions. The public may also e-mail their comments on these questions or other issues related to the revision of California’s 2018 CA WL Standards to email@example.com by February 2, 2017, to be included in public comments that will be forwarded to the Instructional Quality Commission and the State Board of Education.