Driver Education External Resources
Listing of text, video and electronic resources available to driver training instructors for use in the classroom.
- Drive Right; Pearson Education, Inc.
- Responsible Driving; Glencoe/McGraw-Hill
- How to Drive; American Automobile Association, 14th Edition, 2013
American Automobile Association
1000 AAA Drive
Heathrow, Florida 32746
AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
1440 New York Avenue, Suite 201
Washington, DC 20005
- Alcohol, the Unlabeled Drug
- Breaking the Accident Chain of Events
- Children in Traffic: Why Are They Different
- Dangerous Crossings: A Second Thought
- Don't Let Up
- Heavenly Debate
- Just Another Saturday Night
- Managing Space and Time for Safe Driving
- Night Driving
- Parents Discuss Kids, Cars and Alcohol
- Semi-Conscious: Driving in the Real World
- Sharing the Road with Big Trucks
- Signs, Signals, and Markings: Understanding the Language of the Road
- Using Your Eyes Effectively
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
1005 North Globe Road
Arlington, Virginia 22201
- Young Drivers/The High Risk Years (14 minutes)
- Kids and Airbags (5 minutes)
- Distracted Driving Program
- Proficiency Program with Discussion Guide and PowerPoint
- Drowsy Driving Programs with Discussion Guides and PowerPoints
- Speed and Aggression Programs with Discussion Guide and PowerPoints
- Impaired Driving Programs with Discussion Guide and PowerPoints
Traffic Safety Resources
for Highway and Auto Safety
An alliance working together to make America's roads safer.
Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
An association serving motor vehicle professionals.
Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association
A professional association representing traffic safety educators.
for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists
Supports driver education, driver training and transportation equipment modifications for persons with disabilities.
Association for Safety Education
Traffic safety through quality instruction of beginning drivers.
Department of Motor Vehicles
Forms, office locations, and driver handbooks.
California Highway Patrol Making the Right Turn Program
Classroom materials and a free, one-time, school presentation on the risks of drinking and driving.
Office of Traffic Safety
Reducing deaths, injuries, and economic losses due to traffic accidents.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Provides information and guidance on motor vehicle dreiving best practices for teens and adults.
Committed to educating drivers about the dangers of cell phone use behind the wheel.
Health World Education "Drive Right"
This program, developed in conjunction with the Allstate Foundation, is free to teachers and offers an introductory video, supplemental assignments, and quizzes to guide students in grades six through twelve to make safe, positive choices as drivers and passengers.
Impact Teen Drivers
Educates teens, through peer-to-peer activities and resources, to practice safe driving behaviors.
Institute for Highway Safety
Dedicated to reducing highway crash deaths, injuries, and property losses.
Michelin Tire Safety Resources for Educators
Download a free tire safety education module. A glove box guide and instructional videos are also available.
Michelin Tire Safety Resources for Teens
Download YouTube videos for teaching teens the key elements of tire safety (tire pressure and tire tread depth). Other tire safety videos are available for download.
Against Drunk Driving
Devoted to stopping drunk driving and providing victim support.
Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Provides accurate and complete safety information to the traveling public.
Promotes safety, health, and environmental policies to prevent accidents.
National Novice Teen Driver Education and Training Administrative Standards
Offers guidance and developing a thorough drivers education and training program.
- Administrative and Curriculum Standards
Model standards for teaching driver education and training
- Model Curriculum
Classroom model curriculum for teaching driver education and training
Teens in the Driver Seat
Provides a grades nine through twelve, peer-to-peer teen driver safety program of activities and resources.