- A Letter from State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson
Response to Instruction and Intervention introduction letter.
- California's Philosophy and Definition-Rtl2
The California Department of Education’s philosophy and definition in response to instruction and intervention (RtI2).
- Core Components-Rtl2
Core components to a strong Response to Instruction and Intervention (RtI2) process.
Implementation Support Guide
Provides detailed information about RtI2 processes, terms, core components and self-evaluation tools for implementation.
- Response to Instruction and Intervention RTI2: An Implementation and Technical Assistance Guide for Districts and Schools (DOC; 3MB; 87pp.)
Implementation Support Web Resources
Provides numerous national and state Web resources organized by California's Ten Core Components so readers may focus on specific areas of interest or browse by topic. Web sites were selected on the basis of usefulness to beginning as well as advanced RtI2 implementers, and for kindergarten through twelfth grade contexts. Annotations help locate needed information quickly.
Provide technical assistance and other types of information to district and school personnel throughout California on key RtI2 issues.
- Determining Specific Learning Disability Eligibility Using RtI2 (Posted Sept-3-2009; PDF)
Provides technical assistance for considering how RTI2 can be used in California in the determination of a specific learning disability.
- Brief: Staffing for RtI2 Academic Interventions (Posted Dec-21-2011; DOC)
Provides information and guidance about staffing considerations when planning and implementing RtI2 processes. This brief was reviewed by both California Department of Education and California Commission on Teacher Credentials personnel.