California Middle Grades Alliance (CMGA)
A cross-organizational collaborative of major educational organizations focused on meeting the needs of young adolescents. It includes the following organizations:
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
- Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) —Middle Grades Council
- California Department of Education—Middle Grades Improvement Office (CDE—MGIO)
- California League of Middle Schools (CLMS)
- California Middle Grades Partnership Network (CMGPN)
- California Parent Teachers Association (CAPTA)
- California School Boards Association (CSBA)
- California Schools to Watch™ – Taking Center Stage (STW™–TCS)
- California Teachers Association (CTA)
- Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP)
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA)
Middle Level Education Research, Special Interest Group (Outside Source)
Improve, promote, and disseminate educational research reflecting early adolescence and middle level education.
National Association of Secondary School Principals (Outside Source)
Read, research, learn, cultivate, and grow. Learn from case studies with other high school leaders through our many practical, award-winning publications, including Principal Leadership, Principal’s Research Review (beginning January 2006), NewsLeader, and A Legal Memorandum.
National Middle School Association (Outside Source)
Since its inception in 1973, National Middle School Association (NMSA) has been a voice for those committed to the educational and developmental needs of young adolescents. NMSA is the only national education association dedicated exclusively to those in the middle level grades.
National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform (Outside Source)
The National Forum is an alliance of more than 60 educators, researchers, and officers of national associations and foundations dedicated to improving schools for young adolescents across the country. The California Department of Education is a partner member of the National Forum. "Schools to Watch" is an initiative launched by the National Forum in 1999.
Schools Moving Up (Outside Source)
This WestEd Initiative profiles schools across the country finding ways to make the changes needed to improve student achievement. Detailed data and principal interviews give you insights into each school's improvement process.