Grade Level Curriculum
The grade-level curriculum documents are organized by individual grade levels and include information about the Common Core State Standards.
Framework (PDF; 2MB)
- California Public Schools, Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve (2003)
- Chapter six is the evaluation criteria adopted by the State Board of Education, March 6, 2002.
*To order a copy of this framework please contact CDE Press.
- 2011 Health Framework Revision
Note: Assembly Bill X4 2 (Chapter 2, Statutes of 2009-10 Fourth Extraordinary Session) signed on July 28, 2009, suspended the process and procedures for adopting instructional materials, including framework revisions, until the 2013-14 school year. Senate Bill 70 (Chapter 7 of the Statutes of 2011) extended that suspension until the 2015-16 school year.
- Timeline for Framework Revision (Suspended 28-Jul-2009)
- Health Focus Group Report (DOC)
- Proposed Guidelines for the Revision of the Health Framework (DOC)
The Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission recommended the Proposed Guidelines for the Health Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee on July 17, 2009, prior to the implementation of Assembly Bill X4 2. Further work on the framework, including State Board of Education action on these guidelines, has been suspended.
Content Standards - Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
Adopted by the State Board of Education and the basis for the curriculum framework.