The California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 9511(c), calls for the California Department of Education (CDE) to convene at least four public focus groups of educators in different regions of California to provide comment on the revision of the Science Framework for California Public Schools (Science Framework).
The Science Framework is being revised pursuant to SB300. The focus groups are a first step in the revision of the Science Framework. The five focus groups will meet one time for 2 hours to discuss how the Science Framework should be revised to support effective instruction and implementation of the Next Generation Science Standards for California Public Schools, Kindergarten through Grade Twelve (CA NGSS).
Focus Group Meeting Locations. All meetings are open to the public.
- Exploratorium, San Francisco Saturday, January 25, 2014, 10 a.m.–noon
- San Diego County Office of Education Thursday, January 30, 2014, 5–7 p.m.
- Orange County Department of Education, Friday, January 31, 2014, 4:30–6:30 p.m.
Video Conference Included (Los Angeles, Riverside, Ventura)
- CDE, Sacramento Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 4–6 p.m.
Video Conference Included (Humboldt, Shasta, Siskiyou)
- Fresno County Office of Education Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 4–6 p.m.
- Discussion Questions | DOC