CalWORKS Data Files (2003 and Prior)Downloadable files pertaining to California Work Opportunity (CalWORKS) program data.
This page contains the complete data files for the CalWORKS (formerly known as AFDC) data collection. Data files include public school enrollment, numbers of CalWORKS children residing in given attendance areas, numbers of students eligible for free or reduced price meal programs, percentages of CalWORKS children, and percentages of children eligible for the free and reduced price meal program.
Notes About the Data
- The CalWORKS school file is composed of draft data. Revised data may not be reflected in these files. Although data revisions are minimal there may be discrepancies between DataQuest's socioeconomic data and the data in these files.To view the most current data, see DataQuest.
School Level Data Files
For current free and reduced price meal data, refer to the Student Poverty - FRPM Data Web page.
District Level Data Files
Files are in a database/spreadsheet format (.dbf) and compressed into self-extracting files. To extract and uncompress these files:
- Select a file to download.
- When the File Download window opens, select the option to Run.
- When the WinZip Self-Extractor window opens, select a location to extract the file and select Unzip.
- Open the file in a database or spreadsheet program.
For further instructions on opening/using files, refer the Special instructions for Excel and Access users Web page.