California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS)A longitudinal data system used to maintain individual-level data including student demographics, course data, discipline, assessments, staff assignments, and other data for state and federal reporting.
CALPADS Home |
Known Issues | Release Updates | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Charter Schools | Listservs | Calendar | Training | Hours of Operation | Contacts
2015–16 CALPADS Certification Report
- CALPADS Release Update v1.1.85 (XLS; Dated 28-Jan-2015)
- CALPADS Assessment User Manual v2.3 (DOC; 2MB) | PDF (8MB) (Effective 28-Jan-2016)
This document is an extension of the CALPADS User Manual. It includes information relevant only to assessment functionality.
- CALPADS Code Sets v7.1 (XLS; Effective January 28, 2016)
This document contains the current code values referenced in the file specifications for the coded value data elements.
- CALPADS File Specifications v7.1 (DOC; Effective January 28, 2016)
This document includes overviews of the file formats, data submission windows, and document conventions.
- CALPADS File Specifications (Forms) v7.1 (XLS; Effective January 28, 2016)
This document contains the file formats for CALPADS.
- CALPADS Extract Specifications v7.1 (DOC; Effective January 28, 2016)
This document serves to assist LEAs in understanding the extract specifications for CALPADS.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #112 | DOC | PDF (Dated 28-Jan-2016)
Topics include: Fall 1/Fall 2 submission; system maintenance; change in direct cert. codes; AYP reports; ESSA.
- CALPADS Known Issues v1.3.89 (XLS; Dated 14-Jan-2016)
The CALPADS Updates (Flash memos) are located in CALPADS Communications.
Useful Information and Links
CALPADS Information Meeting – October 20, 2015
The PowerPoint slides presented in the October 20, 2015 CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM) are available on the California School Information Services (CSIS) Web site via the link above.
CALPADS includes statewide assessment data, enrollment data, teacher assignment data, and other elements required to meet federal NCLB reporting requirements.
This Web page provides information on the Education Codes and their requirements within CALPADS.
CALPADS Statewide Student Identifier (SSID)
An SSID is a unique, non-personally identifiable student identifier that all K–12 public school students are required to have.
Local Educational Agencies (LEA) Funding
Ongoing funding ($0.25 per enrolled student) is available for eligible LEAs to support maintenance of Statewide Student Identifiers (SSIDs).