To: Local Educational Agency (LEA) Representatives
From: California Department of Education – CALPADS Project Team
Date: February 6, 2012
Subject: CALPADS Update FLASH #53
A CALPADS update was deployed over the weekend of February 4-5 and is now in production. The changes included in this release are specified in Release Update v1.1.51, which is available on the Release Updates link on the CALPADS Web page.
This release included both fixes to several defects and changes to the system. In addition to the changes highlighted in FLASH #52, this release includes the following changes:
- CALPADS now counts students exited with Student Exit Category E230 (CompleterExit)/School Completion Code 330, Passed CHSPE (and no standard HS diploma) as both a “completer” and a “graduate.”
- In order to provide visibility into the data LEAs have submitted for Student Initial Ninth Grade Entry Year (Field 2.47), a new column “Earliest Reported Student Initial Ninth Grade Entry Year” has been added to the ODS report 1.10. NOTE: At this time data will only show up in the ODS report, and NOT the snapshot reports.
- CALPADS no longer treats Student Exit Category T-460 (TransHomeSchol), (student withdrew from school for a home school setting) as a dropout. With this change CALPADS and DataQuest will be consistent.
- CALPADS now triggers a warning if a student with an English Language Acquisition Status Code that is other than RFEP has a Student Proficient or Advanced for ELA Code of “Y” (new IVR SINF0252). NOTE: This IVR will become fatal on March 4, 2012.
- CALPADS now requires the Student Met all UC CSU Requirements Indicator (Field 1.30) to be populated for students with a Student School Completion Status (Field 1.28) of 106 (CAHSEE waiver) or 108 (Grad, CAHSEE Exemption).
- CALPADS now triggers a fatal error instead of a warning for CERT 046 (Staff FTE > 200%). In other words, the sum of Staff FTE for all Job Classifications for an individual staff member in the LEA cannot be more than 200%.