To: Local Educational Agency (LEA) Representatives
From: CALPADS Project Team
Date: November 15, 2012
Subject: CALPADS Update FLASH #66
CALPADS MAINTENANCE RELEASE
There will be a CALPADS maintenance release this Saturday, November 17, 2012 and updates will be in production on Monday, November 19, 2012. CALPADS will be unavailable from Friday, November 16 at 6 p.m. until Monday, November 19 at 6 a.m. to accommodate this release. The defect fixes and changes included in this release will be specified in a Release Update, which will be available on the Release Updates link on the CALPADS Web page[http://www.cde.ca.gov/calpads] on the Monday following the release. A listserv message will be sent when the release update has been posted on the CALPADS Web page. Highlights of the changes included in this release include:
- New fatal IVR SASS0256: Triggers if there is a duplicate Staff Assignment (SASS) record within a file.
- New fatal IVR SASS0257: Triggers when Assignment Code 6018, Employee on Leave, is used with any other assignment.
- Lost Transfer ERD (ERD Type C) logic modified to exclude students with a subsequent Short Term enrollment as a potential dropout.
- Certification Report 4.1 Staff – Count and FTE by Job Classification modified to exclude staff with a Nonclassroom Based or Support Assignment code of 6018, Employee on Leave.
THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY SERVICE DESK SCHEDULE
The CALPADS Service Desk will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 21 and 22, 2012. The system wil be available but there will be no staff on duty to respond to support tickets. Support tickets submitted during the holiday will be addressed on Monday, November 26, 2012.
ASSESSMENTS AND ACCOUNTABILITY FUNCTIONALITY UPDATE
The Assessments and Accountability (A&A) functionality will not be included in this November release and will be made available in a January 2013 maintenance release. (Note that while A&A roles are available to be assigned by LEA Administrators, the functionality is not yet available in the CALPADS production environment for use.)
The CDE has chosen to delay release of the A&A functionality until January due to the current focus on the Fall 1 and Fall 2 submissions and the upcoming December 19 certification deadline. The CDE will conduct additional user testing during this time to better ensure a quality release.
REMINDER OF PENDING DEADLINES
Fall 1 Certification Deadline – December 19, 2012. To be on track to certify by the dealine all LEAs should have uploaded and posted the SENR, SINF, and SPRG files, and reduced their anomaly percentage to less than 2%. Between now and December 19th LEAs should reconcile their certification reports.
High Level Path to Fall 1 Certification
- Obtain SSIDs for new students
- Upload/Post three files (in sequence):
- Student Enrollment (SENR)
- Student Information (SINF)
- Student Program (SPRG)
- Review Fall 1 Snapshot Reports:
- Enrollment - Primary Status by Subgroups
- 1.9 Completers and Dropouts – Count
- 1.6 Graduates and Dropouts by Subgroup
- 5.1a Free or Reduced Price Meal Eligibility - Count
- Reduce Anomalies to less than 2%
- Reconcile data, re-upload as needed, certify
Fall 2 Certification Deadline – January 16, 2013. To be on track to certify by the deadline all LEAs should complete local data population, including staff demographics/assignments and course attributes, by the end of November.