To: Local Educational Agency Representatives
From: California Department of Education – CALPADS Team
Date: November 1, 2013
Subject: CALPADS Update FLASH #82
CALPADS Maintenance Release
There will be a CALPADS maintenance release this Saturday, November 2, 2013, and updates will be in production on Monday, November 4, 2013. CALPADS will be unavailable from Friday, November 1 at 6 p.m. until Monday, November 4 after 8 a.m. to accommodate this release. The defect fixes, changes, and new functionality included in this release will be specified in a Release Update, which will be available via the Release Updates link on the CDE CALPADS Web page on the Monday following the release. A listserv message will be sent when the release update has been posted on the CALPADS Web page. Highlights of the changes included in this release are:
- Modified CRSE0127 – Invalid NCLB Core Course Instructional Level Code changed from a warning to a fatal error (see the next section for more detail)
- New CRSE0274 – More than one Education Service Code submitted for the same course
- New SASS0272 – Invalid use of Superintendent-level Nonclassroom Based or Support Assignment Codes
- New CERT108 – Compare Total FTE to Total Staff
- New CERT109 – Missing Employment Status Category
In addition, a new Charter School Administrator code has been added to the Valid Code Combinations document. Charter schools should use this code for their Charter School Administrator and not other codes.
Deadline Extended for Data Corrections for Accountability Progress Reports
A letter dated October 31, 2013 was sent to Accountability Coordinators informing local educational agencies (LEAs) that the CDE has extended the deadline to make the final data corrections for accountability progress reports in the CALPADS Operational Data Store (ODS). The deadline has been extended to the close of business on Thursday, November 7, 2013. Please refer to this letter for more detail. It is available via the Communications link on the CDE CALPADS Web page.