To: Local Educational Agency Representatives
From: California Department of Education – CALPADS Team
Date: January 30, 2014
Subject: CALPADS Update FLASH #85
Extra CALPADS Nightly Processing this Weekend
The California Department of Education (CDE) has arranged to allow CALPADS nightly processing (snapshot, anomalies, and ODS reports) for Fall 1 and Fall 2 to occur on Friday, January 31, 2014. This will give LEAs an additional snapshot refresh for those who are working on resolving their Fall certification errors. The Fall 1 and Fall 2 snapshot data that LEAs see in CALPADS on the Saturday and Sunday following the extra Friday processing will reflect the Operational Data Store (ODS) work completed by 6 p.m. that Friday.
CALPADS Weekend Hours of Availability:
- Friday (1/31): CALPADS will be available during business hours from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Nightly processing will occur on Friday night with snapshot reports available on Saturday morning after 10 a.m.
- Saturday (2/1): CALPADS will be available from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday (2/2): CALPADS will be available from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. Nightly processing will occur as normal with snapshot reports available on Monday morning.
2014–15 Pre-ID Comparison File Layout Now Available
The CDE annually posts a Pre-ID File Layout (Comparison) at the beginning of each calendar year to provide LEAs and student information system (SIS) vendors with the data field names, field locations, and field lengths that are common to California’s statewide assessments. The Pre-ID File Layout (Comparison) for 2014–15 is now available at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ai/pidcfl2014.asp.
For 2014–15, the layout includes the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) (previously STAR), California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE), California English Language Development Test (CELDT), and the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) assessments. The file layout has been reduced in size from 98 data fields to 39 data fields and modified in scope (column headers) to reflect the transition from STAR testing to CAASPP and the addition of the PFT assessment. The CAASPP column replaces the STAR Program column in the display, and LEAs are still expected to Pre-ID for the following CAASPP assessments not currently part of Smarter Balanced Field tests:
- Science California Standards Tests (CSTs)
- Science California Modified Assessment (CMA)
- Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS)
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA)
LEA submissions for each of the Pre-ID assessments should follow the specific Pre-ID file layout and preparation instructions provided for each assessment.
Note: The Smarter Balanced Field Tests, beginning in March 2014, include English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics (Math) assessments that utilize a separate registration system, not the Pre-ID process. Data fields for these assessments are displayed on separate documentation and do not appear on this layout.