Recognizing that California must plan for the future, State Superintendent Tom Torlakson brought together 59 leaders from across California—teachers, parents, community, labor and business leaders—to share their thinking about education in the state. The resulting report, A Blueprint for Great Schools (PDF; Modified 14-Aug-2011) provides vision and direction for our education system, including a focus on 21st Century learning, meeting the needs of the whole child, and rebuilding the ranks of California's teachers with resources and respect.
Table of Contents
- Educator Quality.
- Curriculum and Assessment.
- Higher Education and Secondary Alignment.
- Accountability and School Improvement.
- Early Childhood Education.
- Education Supports.
- Health, Nutrition and Physical Fitness.
- School Finance.
- Facilities and Construction Reform.