Transition Advisory Team Members
The 54-member Transition Advisory Team is made up of a bipartisan group of educators, labor, and business leaders.
Transition Advisory Team Co-Chairs
- Linda Darling Hammond, the Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education at Stanford University.
- David Rattray, Senior Vice President of Education
& Workforce Development for the Los Angeles Area Chamber of
Commerce and President of UNITE LA.
Transition Advisory Team Members
- Catherine Atkin, President, Preschool California.
- William Barr, Lecturer, University of California,
Berkeley Graduate School of Education; former Monterey County
Superintendent of Schools.
- Cruz Bustamante, Former Lt. Governor, State of California.
- Dennis Cima, Senior Vice President, Education & Public Policy, Silicon Valley Leadership Group.
- Liane Cismowski, Vice Principal and Teacher, Mt. Diablo High School, Concord.
- Yvonne de la Peña, Program Director, California Fire Fighter Joint Apprenticeship Committee.
- Arturo Delgado, Superintendent, San Bernardino City Unified School District.
- Cesar Diaz, Legislative Director, State Building and Construction Trades Council of California.
- Jim Dierke, Principal, Visitacion Valley Middle School, San Francisco Unified School District.
- Ted Dutton, President and Co-Founder, School Facility Advisors.
- Martha Fluor, President, California School Boards Association.
- Linda Galliher Vice President, Education and Healthcare, Bay Area Council.
- Patricia Gándara, Professor, UCLA Graduate School of
Education and Information Sciences and Co-Director, UCLA Civil Rights
Project/Proyecto Derechos Civiles.
- Abigail Garcia, Teacher, Animo Leadership Charter High School, Inglewood.
- Donald Gill, Superintendent, Antioch Unified School District.
- Jay Hansen, Chief Strategy Officer, California Medical Association.
- Michael Hanson, Superintendent, Fresno Unified School District.
- Marty Hittelman, President, California Federation of Teachers.
- Adam Hodess, Commissioner, California Apprenticeship
Council, Division of Apprenticeship Standards. Business Manager, UA
Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 159.
- Mat Holton, Superintendent, Chaffey Joint Union High School District.
- Richard Jackson, Professor, UCLA School of Public Health and former California State Public Health Officer.
- Ann Johnston, Mayor of Stockton.
- Maureen Kindel, Chair of the Board of Visitors, Loyola Marymount University School of Education.
- Michael Kirst, Chair, California State Board of
Education; Emeritus Professor of Education and Business Administration,
- Ted Lempert, President, Children Now.
- Diane Levitt, Executive Director, Safe Cities Foundation.
- Bob Linscheid, Vice Chair, California State University Board of Trustees and President, The Linscheid Company.
- Bill Lloyd, President, SEIU California State Council.
- Dave Long, Former California Secretary of Education.
- Sonia Martin-Solis, Teacher, Hillcrest Drive Elementary School, Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Charles McMinn, Co-Founder and Former CEO, Covad Communications.
- Hydra Mendoza, School Board Member, San Francisco Unified School District.
- Molly Munger, Co-Director, Advancement Project Los Angeles.
- Barbara Nemko, Superintendent of Schools, Napa County.
- Jeff Patterson, Teacher, Antelope Valley High School.
- Jennifer Peck, Executive Director, Partnership for Children and Youth.
- Willie Pelote, Assistant Director, Political Action Department, AFSCME International.
- Jose Pérez, Chair, California Utilities Diversity Council and Publisher, Latino Journal.
- Chet Pipkin, Chairman of the Board, Belkin International, Inc.
- James Ramos, Chairman, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and Board Member, San Bernardino Community College District.
- Diana Rodriguez, Board Member, Sacramento City Unified School District.
- Alex Rooker, Government Affairs Director, Communications Workers of America Local 9400.
- Russ Rumberger, Vice Provost for Education
Partnerships at the UC Office of the President (on leave from UCSB as
an Educational Leadership Professor).
- David Sanchez, President, California Teachers Association.
- Tim Sbranti, Mayor, City of Dublin and Teacher, Dublin High School.
- Barry Schuler, Former Chairman and CEO, America Online.
- Jack Scott, Chancellor, California Community Colleges.
- Gregg Solkovits, Secondary Vice President, United Teachers of Los Angeles.
- Suzan Solomon, Board Member, Newhall School District and Vice President for Education, California State PTA.
- Jai Sookprasert, Assistant Director, Governmental Relations, California School Employees Association.
- Shelly Spiegel-Coleman, Executive Director, Californians Together.
- Chris Steinhauser, Superintendent, Long Beach Unified School District.
- Lillian Taiz, Professor of History at CSU Los Angeles and President of the California Faculty Association.
- Diane Watson, Former Member of Congress, California's 33rd District.
- Carl Wong, Former Superintendent of Schools, Sonoma County.
- Kristin Wright, Chair, California Advisory Commission on Special Education.
- Antronette Yancey, Professor, UCLA School of Public Health.
Back to top