Subject: Mandate Block Grant Application – REMINDER AND ADDITIONAL UPDATES
Please forward this e-mail to school districts and charter schools in your county.
REMINDER – DEADLINE AUGUST 30TH
The Mandate Block Grant (MBG) Application was released on August 2, 2013, and is currently accessible to local educational agencies (LEAs) on the California Department of Education’s (CDE’s) website. LEAs are reminded that a completed MBG Application must be submitted electronically by August 30, 2013, to receive 2013–14 MBG funding. Steps to request a password and logon to the MBG Application are detailed below.
ADDITIONAL MBG UPDATES:
Mandated programs and activities suspended in 2013–14The Department of Finance has provided notification of mandates specifically suspended in fiscal year 2013–14 per the Budget Act of 2013. Please refer to correspondence dated August 8, 2013.
Average Daily Attendance (ADA) Data FileThe Chart of ADA to be used for the MBG entitlement calculations is now posted.
Funding RatesAs a reminder, funding rates may be found in FAQ#5.
MBG EntitlementsEntitlements will be posted for all participating LEAs after the August 30th deadline has passed.
Participation StatusNew in 2013–14 is the ability for LEAs to check an up-to-date participation status. This feature may be helpful for county offices of education and charter school authorizers with oversight responsibilities. MBG Participation Status.
STEPS TO REQUEST PASSWORD AND LOGON TO MBG APPLICATION:
LEAs that have not yet submitted the MBG Application to accept or deny funding may follow the steps below to Request a Password and Logon to the MBG Application:
- Go to the MBG Application
- At the dropdown menus:
- Select the County name
- Select the District or County Office name; charter schools will select the charter authorizer
- Select School name
- Districts or County Offices must select “This LEA is a County/District (0000000)”
- Charter schools must select the charter school’s name
- After all 3 dropdown menus have been selected, the “Enter or Request Password” section will be displayed
- Click “Request Password” and the contact identified on the California School Directory will receive an email with password information
- Once the password is obtained, copy/paste the password into the Password field and click Logon.
MBG General Information and Resources:
- Please refer to the MBG Web page to find information regarding the MBG, including links to participation status, correspondence, frequently asked questions, and the MBG Application.
Questions regarding the MBG should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.