To: Local Educational Agency (LEA) Staff
From: Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) Project Team
Date: June 18, 2012
2011-12 Winter Release data collections will close on June 29, 2012
The Winter release data collections will close on June 29, 2012. The data collections closed will include the data collections with migrated Consolidated Application Data System data.
Important Note: When the data collections are closed the forms are no longer available for data entry or to certify. All draft data is deleted from the database. Certified data will remain available on the Reports tab.
Title I, Part A Notification of Authorization of School Wide Program will remain open and available under the Data Entry Form tab.
CARS Spring 2012-13 Phase I has been released
What has changed?
- District English Learner Advisory Committee certification is now on the Application for Funding
- District Advisory Committee certifications appear on Economic Impact Aid (EIA) School Funding Plan if the LEA selects Funding Method = State Compensatory Education/Limited English Proficient (LEP)
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Other Non-public Participation does not include 2011-12 Title III LEP Student count; it will be collected in Phase II
- For 2012-13 only, the local board date can be posted dated up to August 31 (historically it was July 31st)
- For small school districts (<1,000 enrolled or single school district) Title I Part A Planned School Allocations ranking is optional
- Contacts & Users has been split into two tabs
Important first step: The Home tab displays all data collections in fiscal year order starting with the oldest at the top and the newest at the bottom. To begin data entry, scroll to the bottom of the page, select Application for Funding under Fiscal Year 2012-13 then complete the Application for Funding and save it as draft. Additional data collection will display after the application is saved.
Attached are the draft versions of the 2012-13 guidance and the instructions for the data collections listed below. Also attached is the 2012-13 Spring Phase I CARS Quick Start to help you work through the data collection nuances.
Data collections included in the release are:
- 2010-11 Obligation reporting
- Title III, Part A Immigrant Year-to-Date (YTD) Obligations Report (24 month)
- Title III, Part A LEP YTD Obligations Report (24 month)
- 2011-12 Obligation reporting
- Title III, Part A Immigrant YTD Obligations Report (12 month)
- Title III, Part A LEP YTD Obligations Report (12 month)
- 2012-13 Application for funding
- Certification of Assurances
- Protected Prayer Certification
- Application for Funding
- Other ESEA Nonprofit Private School Participation
- Title I, Part A Nonprofit Private School Participation
- School Student Counts Projected
- EIA School Funding Plan
- Title I Part A Planned School Allocations
- Title III Part A Immigrant Proposed Obligations
- Title III Part A LEP Proposed Obligations
The due date for the above data collections is July 31, 2012.
2011-12 Free and Reduced Price Meal (FRPM)
The 2011-12 FRPM data has been updated and posted to the California Department of Education internet site. Short-term enrollment was incorporated in the CalWORKS Data Files. In addition, these data will be reflected in the FRPM data collection in CARS.
The CARS 2011-12 FRPM Report data collection will be released soon and will be due 7/15/2012. (Instructions will be released at the same time the data collection is released.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. We have certified our data, but it still shows up on the Home tab. Why?
Answer: Certified data collections will be displayed on the Home tab until the deadline date is reached.
Q2. When a data collection closes, what changes?
Answer: The data collection is removed from the Home tab, Data Entry Forms tab, the Certification Preview tab, and the Certify Data tab. All draft data is deleted from the database. Any data with a Certified status is available on the Reports tab.
For More Information on CARS
You can find more information on the CARS Web page.
If you have any further questions regarding CARS, feel free to e-mail the ConApp Support Desk.