To: LEA Staff
From: Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) Project Team
Date: October 5, 2012
This afternoon, as part of the scheduled maintenance, the following data collections will open for submission with a due date of October 31, 2012. Note: the due date for these data collections will not be extended.
- 2011-12 FRPM Report
- 2010-11 Title II, Part A fiscal year (FY) Expenditure and Close-Out Report, 27 Months
- 2010-11 Title III, Part A Immigrant Year to Date (YTD) Obligations Report, 27 Months
- 2010-11 Title III, Part A Limited English Proficient (LEP) YTD Obligations Report, 27 Months
Instructions for these data collections are being mailed along with this Newsflash and will be posted on the CARS web page once they have been approved. The Phase II data collections will be postponed for at least one week. The due date for those collections will be announced at that time. We appreciate your patience.
2011-12 FRPM Report Period 2
This data collection is the second of two collection periods in CARS.
Certified data from the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) 2011-12 Fall 1 collection is the authoritative source for the pre-populated CALPADS information in this data collection, additional changes to CALPADS 2011-12 Fall 1 data can no longer be made.Draft submissions with a date of 10/03/2012 have been created for LEAs who certified the data collection in Period 1 and meet one or more of the following conditions:
- During Period 1 chose to "Report Later" for one or more schools. (Those schools will have blank values displayed.)
- During the 2011-12 CALPADS Fall 1 late correction window changed CALPADS Ages 5-17 Enrollment for a Provision 2 or 3 school.
- During the 2011-12 CALPADS Fall 1 late correction window changed CALPADS Ages 5-17 FRPM Eligible Student Count for a Provision 0 school.
- Provision number changed from 2 or 3 to a Provision 0 for one or more schools.
2012-13 Application for Funding
This is just a friendly reminder to certify your Application for Funding. The Application for Funding was due July 31, 2012. If your LEA is participating in Title I Part A or Economic Impact Aid, you must complete the School Student Count, Projected and the funding plans for those programs before your Application for Funding is considered complete. Please check to make sure that all data collections pertaining to your LEA have been certified as soon as possible.
LEAs with Local Board Meetings in OctoberFor this year, we have loosened the future board date validation check on the 2012-13 Application for Funding. This will allow LEAs that are meeting in October to enter their board date and certify their application now.
Program ContactsIt is important that you keep your program contact information up-to-date so California Department of Education program staff knows who to contact in the event they have a question or need to communicate program information to your LEA.
Data Entry InstructionsThe Data Entry Instructions links for the 2012-13 Spring Phase I data collections have been updated and now display the appropriate fiscal year instructions.
For More Information on CARS
You can find more information on the CARS Web page.
If you have any further questions regarding CARS, feel free to e-mail the ConApp Support Desk at email@example.com.