To: Local Educational Agency (LEA) Staff
From: CARS Project Team
Date: January 11, 2013
Subject: CARS Update FLASH #33
2012-13 Winter Release
We will be releasing the Winter 2012 data collections on January 15, 2013. For a complete list of the Winter 2012 data collections visit the CARS Web page.
Winter Release Changes
Below are some of the changes you will see in the Winter 2012 Release:
2011-12 Title I, Part A Carryover
- 2010-11 carryover expenditures and unspent funds were separated from the 2011-12 carryover calculations into its own section.
- Waiver form is only displayed to LEAs eligible to submit the form.
- Waiver form is only displayed if 15 month carryover percentage is 15% or greater.
2012-13 School Student Counts Actuals
- New EIA SCE Ranking Method – Low Income Percent was added. If selected this method will sort EIA School Allocations by low income percent in descending order.
2012-13 Federal Transferability
- The only funds available for Federal Transferability are Title II, Part A. The only program Title II, Part A funds can be transferred to is Title I, Part A.
2012-13 Title I, Part A LEA Allocations
- Maximum allowable indirect cost and administration amounts calculations and validation checks have been changed to comply with the California School Accounting Manual Procedure 915.
2012-13 Title I, Part A Reservations Required
- Collection and calculation of parental involvement reservation has been revised to support enforcement of 95% of required reservation to public schools.
2012-13 Title I, Part A School Allocations
- Ranking and validation rules were changed to support small / single school district requirements.
2012-13 Title I, Part A Notification of Authorization of Schoolwide Program
- Data collection must be certified annually, even if no changes are made.
- Data collection will be pre-populated with prior year data.
2012-13 Title II, Part A LEA Allocations and Reservations
- Section 2141 is only displayed to LEAs that are required to submit it.
- New collected field, REAP budgeted amount, was added.
Training Webinar of Winter 2012 Data Collections
So that we can provide a general CARS overview for new ConApp users and review all released data collections we will be pre-recording a training webinar of the Winter 2012 data collections instead of a hosted or LEA participating webinar as originally announced.
Screen Shots of Data Entry Forms
We will send the screen shots of the Winter 2012 data collection forms on Monday, January 14th.
For More Information on CARS
You can find more information on the CARS Web page.
If you have any further questions regarding CARS, feel free to e-mail the ConApp Support Desk at email@example.com.