CARS Update Flash #40NewsFlash #40 was sent to local educational agency (LEA) representatives to inform them that the 2013 Winter Release is now available and that the Frequently Asked Questions have been updated.
To: LEA Staff
From: Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) Project Team
Date: January 14, 2014
Subject: CARS Update FLASH #40
2013 Winter Release Data Collections Are Open
The 2013 Winter data collections are open for submission and are due Friday, February 28, 2014. As always, we urge you to prepare and submit your data as soon as possible rather than waiting for “rush hour” (i.e., the week of the deadline). Typically, 45 percent of LEAs submit the week of the deadline. The CARS system performance can be very slow during the final week due to the high volume of traffic.
Below is a complete list of the data collections:
2011–12 Data Collections
- Title I, Part A Close Out Report
- Title II, Part A YTD Expenditure Report, 27 Months
- Title III, Part A Immigrant YTD Obligations Report, 27 Month
- Title III, Part A LEP YTD Obligations Report, 27 Month
2012–13 Data Collections
- Economic Impact Aid Carryover
- Title I, Part A Carryover
- Title III, Part A Immigrant YTD Obligations Report (18 Month)
- Title III, Part A LEP YTD Obligations Report (18 Month)
2013–14 Data Collections
- School Student Counts, Actuals
- Federal Transferability
- Economic Impact Aid LEA Reservations and School Allocation Calculation
- Economic Impact Aid School Allocations
- Title I, Part A LEA Allocations
- Title I, Part A LEA Reservations, Required
- Title I, Part A LEA Reservations, Allowed
- Title I, Part A School Allocations
- Title I, Part A Program Improvement Activity and Expenditure Report
- Title I, Part D LEA Allocations
- Title II, Part A LEA Allocations and Reservations
- Title III, Part A Immigrant LEA Allocations
- Title III, Part A LEP LEA Allocations
- Title III, Part A Immigrant YTD Obligations Report (6 month)
- Title III, Part A LEP YTD Obligations Report (6 month)
- ESEA Consolidation of Administration Fund
- Title I, Part A Notification of Authorization of School Wide Program
CARS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)CARS FAQs have recently been updated with questions and answers from our Newsflashes. The FAQs can be accessed by either clicking on the FAQs tab in CARS (opens a new tab or page) or via the California Department of Education (CDE) CARS FAQS web page.
Additional information about the CARS is available on the CDE CARS Web page.
If you have any further questions regarding CARS, please contact the Consolidated Application Support Desk by e-mail at email@example.com.