To: Local Educational Agency Staff
From: CARS Project Team
Date: February 14, 2014
Avoiding Rush Hour
The deadline date for local educational agencies (LEAs) to submit the 2013 Winter data collections is fast approaching – February 28. As we near the deadline date, traffic volume increases dramatically, and those local educational agencies (LEAs) that wait until the last few days to submit will experience slower response times. To date, about 20 percent of LEAs have completed all of their 2013 Winter data collections. They’ve avoided rush the hour.
We have optimized the performance of the Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) to the extent possible; however, we cannot prevent or control traffic volume. As always, we strongly encourage you to submit and certify your data as soon as possible.
2013 Winter Training Webinar
The 2013 Winter Training Webinar is now available for viewing. Some of the key areas covered in the Webinar are:
- How to navigate in CARS
- Data dependencies
- How to complete the data collection forms
- The difference between Warnings, Errors, and Notes
- File download and upload of school data
- Certifying data
- Understanding and resolving Certified-Obsolete data collections
- How to get help.
To access the Webinar:
- The webinar is available on the California Department of Education Webex Enterprise Web page.
- Click on Playback.
- If you get an Internet Explorer Security Warning or any other security warning, click on Allow.
Additional information about the CARS is available on the CDE CARS Web page.
If you have any further questions regarding CARS, please contact the ConApp Support Desk by e-mail at email@example.com.