To: Local Educational Agency Staff
From: CARS Project Team
Date: February 26, 2014
Planning Ahead for Spring 2014 Release
Attached is a list of the data collections planned for the Spring 2014 release. The Spring 2014 data collection release window is as follows:
- Opens – Thursday, May 15, 2014 (Note: The open date of May 1 mentioned during the Categorical Program Directors meeting on February 21, 2014 was not correct.)
- Deadline date – Monday, June 30, 2014
The Education Data Office team will be meeting with various program offices over the next few weeks to clarify any changes that need to be made to data collections. Below is a preliminary list of changes identified.
Title I Part D Facilities ReportFor each program type, adding a Yes/No question - Does your LEA have one or more facilities that collect data on student outcomes after exit?
Title I Part D Demographics
For each program type, adding collection of:
- Count of students who are Limited English Proficient (LEP)
- Count of students with a disability
Title I Part D Academic PerformanceReporting of At Risk Program performance results – Grade level improvement categories are being changed. More specific information will be sent in the future.
Title I Part D Outcomes
For each program type, student counts will be reported separately by:
- While in facility; and
- Those students after exit (Note: after exit text will be changed from “30 days” to “30 to 90 days”.
Additional information about the Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) is available on the California Department of Education CARS Web page.
If you have any further questions regarding CARS, please contact the Consolidated Application Support Desk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.