To: LEA Staff
From: Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS) Project Team
Date: March 7, 2014
The California Department of Education (CDE) has scheduled maintenance for our servers on Saturday, March 15, 2014, 6:00 pm to midnight. During that time, LEAs will not be able to access the CARS.
Winter 2013 Collection Period Deadline
First, we would like to commend those LEAs that submitted their data collections early in the Winter 2013 data collection period. Bishop Unified was the first district to certify during this collection period.
Today marks the deadline for LEAs to submit all data collections in the Winter 2013 data collection period. The data collections will remain open in the system and available for LEAs to access. However, starting next week, the CDE will take the steps below to follow up with LEAs that have one or more uncertified data collections.
- CARS staff will e-mail and phone LEAs Authorized Representative(s) regarding missing data collections.
- County offices of education will be provided with a list of LEAs that have one or more data collections that are not certified.
- A list of LEAs with one or more missing data collections will be provided to the department’s fiscal staff.
For those LEAs that have not certified all data collections, below is a list of potential issues.
- The LEA’s 2014-15 funding could be impacted.
- When the CDE prepares and submits LEA and school level data files to the U.S. Department of Education (ED), the LEA would be reported as missing (as required by the ED). For more information, see the ED EdFacts Initiative Web page.
Additional information about the CARS is available on the CDE CARS Web page.
If you have any further questions regarding CARS, please contact the Consolidated Application (ConApp) Support Desk by e-mail at email@example.com.