ConApp Data System (CADS)
Q. Why do I have the same version of CADS even after I download and install a newer version from the Web site?
A. Your Internet browser's cache contains the old version of the CADS1011in.exe file that was originally downloaded from the Web site. Clear your Internet browser's cache before downloading and installing CADS.
- Step 1 - Select 'Internet Options' from the Tools menu in Internet Explorer.
- Step 2 - Select 'Delete Files' from the window that appears. Check the box labeled 'Delete all offline content' in the new window and click the 'OK' button.
- Step 3 - Click on the remaining 'OK' button to close the window.
- Step 4 - Download and install CADS again.
Q. Why doesn't CADS submit my ConApp?
A. The ConApp fails to submit because:
- one or more pages contain errors;
- your computer is not connected to the Internet;
- you do not have administrator rights on your computer; or
- your network is blocking FTP ports 20 and 21.
Solution 1. Correct any errors found by CADS.
- Step 1 - Click the Error Checks button on the Main CADS screen. Click the Part II button in the window that appears.
- Step 2 - Correct any errors appearing on the error report and repeat Step 1 until no errors are found.
Solution 2. Connect to the Internet and re-submit your ConApp.
- Step 1 - Open various Web sites (Microsoft (Outside Source), Google (Outside Source), Yahoo (Outside Source)) in your Internet browser to ensure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Step 2 - Contact your technical support team for additional help if your Internet browser does not display any Web sites
Solution 3. Ask an administrator to submit your ConApp.
- Step 1 - Contact your technical support team and ask them to temporarily grant you administrator rights on your workstation. An ActiveX component of CADS executes FTP commands that may be considered a potential security risk to your network. Your workstation account may not allow CADS to execute these FTP commands.
Solution 4. Temporarily unblock FTP ports 20 and 21.
- Step 1 - Contact your technical support team and ask them to temporarily open FTP ports 20 and 21 so that you can submit your ConApp. Some network configurations block FTP ports as a security precaution.
Q. Why do I receive error messages when I try to install CADS?
A. Your workstation privileges may be insufficient. CADS installation requires Administrator-level access to your computer. Contact your technical support team and request that your workstation account be given Administrator privileges. It is highly recommended that all CADS users be given Administrator accounts.
Q. How can I obtain confirmation that my 2011-12 Consolidated Application Part I has been submitted?
A. The CADS Submission List will be made available at a later date during the ConApp Part I cycle.
Q. I have a Microsoft Vista workstation, how do I get CADS to run?
A. The solution to running CADS on a Vista workstation requires you to perform the steps below:
- Right Click on the Icon for the program or its shortcut and go to Properties.
- There is an option at the top to run it in a mode from a prior operating system. Select XP Service Pack 2 mode.
- On the compatibility tab at the bottom, is a check box to select to Run as Administrator. If you can, check this box.