Form J-3 InstructionsInstructions for Form J-3 - Unemployment Insurance Management System report for Fiscal Year 2013-14.
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (K-12)
California Education Code Section 1330 requires the Superintendent of Public Instruction to apportion $2.00 per covered employee, less actual state administrative costs not to exceed $0.05 per covered employee, to the County Superintendents of Schools to cover costs of administering the Unemployment Insurance Management System. The Form J-3 and these instructions can be found on the Unemployment Insurance Management System Request for Application Web page.
- Fill in the county name and provide the County-District code numbers. Complete one form per county.
- Report on Line 1 the total number of covered employees who worked during October 2013 for the county office and for any district (K-12) within the county participating in the School Employees Fund.
- Counties that have prior year, October 2012, revisions should complete Lines 2a, 2b, and 2c.
- Count each employee only once.
- Do not count the following employees unless districts or counties have met requirements to cover them (refer to Unemployment Insurance Code Section 634.5 for further exclusions):
- Students who are employed in schools and who are regularly attending classes at such schools.
- Employees receiving work relief or work training.
- Employees who are elected officials.
- Do not include employees in Community College Districts. These employees should be reported on Form CCAF-351, which can be obtained from the Community College Chancellor’s Office or by contacting Rachael Rectenwald by phone at 916-327-5355 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After County Superintendent’s review and approval, submit your signed Form J-3 on or before November 1, 2013 to the address below:
Shannon Reel, Analyst
Categorical Allocations and Management Assistance
School Fiscal Services Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 3800
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901