Summary of Budget Action
- 2009 Budget Act and Related Legislation
Letter from State Superintendent Jack O'Connell dated August 28, 2009.
- Fiscal issues relating to budget reductions and flexibility provisions (DOC; Dated 17-Apr-2009)
This letter expands upon guidance in the California Department of Education’s (CDE) letter of February 25, 2009, regarding the CDE’s understanding and implementation of education trailer bill Senate Bill 4 of the 2009–10 Third Extraordinary Session (SBX3 4) (Chapter 12, Statutes of 2009).
- Action on the 2008 and 2009 Budget Acts
Letter from State Superintendent Jack O'Connell dated February 25, 2009.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that information about the flexibility provisions enacted in 2009 is provided for historical purposes. The 2013 Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) legislation repealed the flexibility provisions and instead, eliminated funding streams for many categorical programs, including many in the list below. Categorical funding received for affected programs in 2012–13 forms the basis for determining school funding in the phase-in period under the LCFF. See the categorical program topic in the LCFF FAQ page [http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/lc/lcfffaq.asp#CAT] for additional information.
- AB 430 Administrator Training Program
- Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate
- Arts and Music Block Grant
- Arts, Music, and Physical Education Grant
- California Partnership Academies
- Certificated Staff Mentoring Program
- Continuation Education
- Gifted and Talented Education
- Instructional Materials
- Mathematics and Reading Professional Development Program (SB 472)
- National Board Certified Teachers Incentive Program
- Nutrition Services
- Peer Assistance and Review
- Physical Education Teacher Incentive Grant Program
- Professional Development Block Grant
- Regional Occupational Centers and Programs
- School Safety Consolidated Competitive Grant
- Specialized Secondary Programs
- Teacher Credentialing Block Grant