Problem: Form ICR, Part IV, Lines C.1 and C.2 — Carry-Forward Adjustment for Under- or Over-Recovery in the Current Year
The carry-forward adjustment calculation is incorrect for the interim periods. The calculation is using the approved indirect cost rate for 2010–11 rather than the approved indirect cost rate for 2011–12 for both the over-recovery and under-recovery. However, the 2011–12 indirect cost rate correctly displays on the form. This applies to the interim periods only and the calculation is correct for the unaudited actuals and budget periods. This problem will be corrected in SACS2012ALL software.
Problem: Known Problem with Windows 7
Some users have reported problems running the standardized account code structure (SACS) software on Windows 7 PCs. The problems are not consistent among users, but they have been encountered while importing, exporting, running the technical review checklist, updating the validation tables, and printing, including printing from the Table of Contents.
Workaround: Install the Windows XP Mode and the Windows Virtual PC (directions follow). Then within the newly installed Windows XP with Virtual PC window, install the SACS Software, print drivers, and printers. From this point forward, all SACS software should be installed and accessed within the Windows XP with Virtual PC window.
Note: We strongly recommend enlisting the help of your technical support staff before attempting this workaround. The initial download and installation of Windows XP with Virtual PC, print drivers, and printers may take significant time, depending on the speed of your internet connection, the level of your technical expertise, and the level of your PC’s user account rights and privileges. For example, while installing the Windows XP with Virtual PC, the user is prompted to review and accept a licensing agreement, and the user must be logged on as an administrator and have sufficient user account privileges. Please verify with your technical support staff that you have authority to install the Windows XP with Virtual PC.
- Download and install Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC -- The installation files for Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC may be downloaded from the Microsoft Web page[http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx]
.(If the web page cannot be found, then go to the Windows Virtual PC page [http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx]
, and click the box Get Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC Now, which links to the Microsoft Web page [http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx]
- If you needed to log on as an administrator for the bullet above, you should now log on as the normal SACS software user. (Once you log on as a different user, you may be prompted to repeat the Windows XP Mode setup steps.)
- After Windows XP Mode with Virtual PC is installed, open Windows XP Mode (Start→Programs→Windows Virtual PC→Windows XP Mode, which can be right clicked to make a shortcut icon on your desktop) and install printers and print drivers for use within Windows XP Mode.
- While still within the Windows XP Mode, and while still logged on as the normal SACS software user, install the SACS software.
- The SACS software user should be made aware of the following:
- Anytime the user accesses the SACS software, the user must first go into the Windows XP Mode window and then open the SACS software icon.
- When the SACS software is installed in the Windows XP Mode with Virtual PC, it is installed to the VIRTUAL C:\drive.
- As a result, all exported files are sent to the VIRTUAL C:\drive, as opposed to the standard C:\drive on your physical PC. “Other” .dat files are exported to C:\SACS2011ALL, and “Official” .dat files are exported to C:\SACS2011ALL\OFFICIAL.
- Accordingly, when validation tables and fixes are downloaded, they should be downloaded to and applied from the VIRTUAL C:\drive.
Problem: Form PCR, PCR Worksheet
The Indirect Costs Charged to Other Funds line extracts only Fund 01 data, but should also extract data from Fund 09, Charter Schools Special Revenue Fund, and Fund 62, Charter Schools Enterprise Fund. The exclusion of funds 09 and 62 causes a fatal exception in technical review check PCR-GF-EXPENDITURES if the LEA charged indirect costs to charter schools in funds 09 or 62.
Fix: Save (do not open) this revised pcr.vts template file – (VTS; Revised 05-Aug-2011) to a temporary folder such as C:\SACS20011ALL\Temporary. Once saved, copy the file from the Temporary folder into your C:\SACS2011ALL\Templates folder. Upon copying the file to the Templates folder, a message may display that the file already exists; select Yes to overwrite the existing template file with the revised file. To verify that you have replaced the old file, the date of the new template file in your C:\SACS2011ALL\Templates folder should be the date downloaded.
Problem: Run-time Error 429
Periodically, the required Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) file is not properly installed on Windows 98 machines, causing a run-time error 429 upon opening the Standardized Account Code Structure (SACS) software.
Fix: Be sure all other applications are closed, then download this MDAC file: mdactyp (EXE; 7MB). Once downloaded, double-click on the file to begin installation (be sure to read the prompts thoroughly). When the installation is completed, the SACS software should open properly.