Version Release Notes FY 2007–08Principal apportionment revenue software release notes for fiscal year (FY) 2007–08.
- The Charter School Revenue Limit calculation has been disabled. County and District calculations will not reflect the Charter School Revenue Limit calculation dependencies in their respective programs and calculations.
- A new average daily attendance (ADA) data entry screen was added to the Principal Apportionment Attendance and Revenue Software for Statewide Benefit Charters, titled Attendance Charter School Block Grant – SBC.
- The existing Attendance Charter School Block Grant data entry screen has been separated into two data entry screens titled Attendance Charter School Block Grant – EHS, and Attendance Charter School Block Grant – Unified.
Important note: The NPS/LCI ADA tab has been removed. NPS/LCI ADA is no longer included in the Extended Year Special Education, Nonpublic, Nonsectarian Schools (California Education Code (EC) Section 56366(a)(7)) and Extended Year Special Education, Nonpublic, Nonsectarian Schools (EC Section 56836.16) totals by grade level.
ADA is now reported once in the Special Ed-Nonpublic, Nonsectarian Schools/Licensed Children’s Institutions ADA per EC 56836.16 and Special Ed-Nonpublic, Nonsectarian Schools ADA per EC 56366(a)(7) totals by grade level.
- A DLL has been posted on the California Department of Education (CDE) Web site to correct a calculation problem in the Revenue and Attendance Software. The correction is for the ADA total calculation in the Attendance Charter School Block Grant Unified data collection screen. For all counties that report attendance data for a unified charter school, the county, district, and charter school must update their software. The DLL and instructions are available at the CDE's Software and Forms Web page [http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/sf/]. Select Revenue or Attendance Software to find the update information.
- The Supplemental Instructional Hours tab has been removed from the Charter School Attendance data entry screens. A new, separate Supplemental Instructional Hours data entry screen has been created to report hours for supplemental programs.
- A CDE Approved Emergency Conditions Waiver (Form J-13A) checkbox has been added to the Days of Operation tab for charters with CDE approved waivers.
Reminder: Economically disadvantaged (ED) pupil counts will be collected only at the First Principal (P-1) Apportionment and there will be no revisions to the counts reported at P-1. As such, the ED pupil counts must be reported at P-1 to receive funding.
Continuing charter schools--The funding formula for Economic Impact Aid is based on prior year ED pupil counts. As such, this data is being collected at the 2007–08 P-1 reporting period only, for use in the 2008–09 apportionment. The 2007–08 apportionment will be based on the ED pupil counts reported at 2006–07 P-1.
Newly operational charter schools--The funding formula for Economic Impact Aid is based on current year economically disadvantaged pupil counts reported at the 2007–08 P-1 reporting period only.
See Attendance and Revenue Software help file for additional information on Economic Impact Aid Funding for Continuing and Newly Operational charter schools.
Regional Occupational Centers and Programs (ROC/Ps)
Pursuant to Assembly Bill 2448 (Chapter 572, Statutes of 2006), the CDE, beginning with the 2007–08 P-1 Apportionment in February 2008, will modify the current ROC/P calculation to allocate allowed growth ADA to low participation ROC/Ps in accordance with EC Section 52335.4(b). This modified calculation is not reflected in the Revenue Software.
Adults in Correctional Facilities
Funding for Adults in Correctional Facilities, previously apportioned separately to local educational agencies, will now be paid through the Principal Apportionment. The funding calculations are not available in the Revenue Software, but will be displayed in apportionment exhibits beginning with the 2007–08 P-1 Apportionment.
Supplemental Instructional Programs
The Supplemental Instructional Hours tab has been removed from the School District and County Attendance data entry screens. A new, separate Supplemental Instructional Hours data entry screen has been created to report hours for supplemental programs.
Special Education--Extraordinary Cost Pool
The Extraordinary Cost Pool (ECP) Claim form for fiscal year 2007–08 (claim filing period July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008) has a newly added feature to facilitate the claim filing process. By selecting the Non-public School (NPS) name in the scroll down menu from the add new record button mode, the software will automatically populate the NPS Certification Code field and the address fields applicable to the selected NPS name.
Special Education--Infant Program
An executable is available on the CDE Web site which will eliminate the error received when attempting to print the Infant entitlement report. For Local Educational Agencies wishing to print this report, the executable is located at the CDE's Infant Program Web page [http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/sf/ip/]. Please note that even though the name of the executable indicates v7.0, the new executable is actually v7.01. The name of the file was retained to prevent broken links.