January 23, 2007
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1430 N Street, Conference Room 1801
Purpose of the Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Advisory Committee on Before and After School Programs is to provide information and advice to the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Secretary for Education, and the State Board of Education regarding state and federal policy and funding issues affecting before and after school programs, based on regular and systematic input from providers.
- Approval of minutes from November 1, 2006 - Action
- Presentation on the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act
- After School Education and Safety Program grant award process
- Advisory Committee Chair and California Department of Education Staff Reports
- Update from the Outcomes and Evaluation Subcommittee, including information regarding initial recommendations on the independent statewide evaluation
- Afterschool Network report
- Discussion about the use of technology in after school programs and in the promotion of after school resources and technical assistance
- Update from Perry Chen on his work with the Packard Foundation
- Discussion about language to "clean up” 638
- Items for next Advisory Committee meeting – discussion and action
- Public comment
* All agenda items will be considered information and discussion items, unless noted otherwise.