October 16, 2007
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1430 N Street, Room 1101
Purpose of the Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Advisory Committee on Before and After School Programs is to provide information and advice to the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Secretary for Education, and the State Board of Education regarding state and federal policy and funding issues affecting before and after school programs, based on regular and systematic input from providers.
- Approval of minutes from August 28, 2007 - Action
- Advisory Committee chair report
- California Department of Education (CDE) staff report
- After School Education and Safety update
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers update
- Quality Self Assessment Tool - Advisory Committee input and recommendations
- After School Demonstration Sites Program - Representatives from the CDE and Southwestern Regional Development Laboratory (SEDL)
- Afterschool Network report
- Outcomes and Evaluation Subcommittee report
- Workforce Development Subcommittee report
- Items for next Advisory Committee meeting - Action
- Public comment
* All agenda items will be considered information and discussion items, unless noted otherwise.