April 3, 2007
1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
1430 N Street, Room 1101
Purpose of the Outcomes and Evaluation Subcommittee
The purpose of the Outcomes and Evaluation Subcommittee of the Advisory Committee on Before and After School Programs is to provide information and advice to the Advisory Committee regarding issues related to outcome measures and the evaluation of before and after school programs. This advice shall be based on regular and systematic input from providers, testimony from experts in the field, and the most current research available.
- Introduction of members
- Approval of meeting minutes – Action
- Testimony from the field: Evaluating after school programs
- Measuring the Positive Behavioral Changes outcome measure using elements from the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire and Social Skills Rating System
- Memoranda received from the Bay Area Partnership and Children Now
- Measuring the Skill Building outcome measure via the California Content Standards
- Drafting the set of final recommendations for the independent statewide evaluation of after school programs
- Definition of teacher in After School Education and Safety and 21st Century Community Learning Centers Education Code
- Public comment
- Determine additional Items to report at the April Advisory Committee meeting – Action
- Determine additional topics for next meeting – Action
* All agenda items will be considered information and discussion items, unless noted otherwise.