February 27, 2007
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
1500 Capitol Avenue, Hearing Room 167
Purpose of the Outcomes and Evaluation Subcommittee
The purpose of the Outcomes and Evaluation Subcommittee of the Advisory Committee on Before and After School Programs is to provide information and advice to the Advisory Committee regarding issues related to outcome measures and the evaluation of before and after school programs. This advice shall be based on regular and systematic input from providers, testimony from experts in the field, and the most current research available.
- Introduction of members
- Approval of meeting minutes – Action
- Chair Report/CDE Staff Report
- Testimony from representatives of Resource Development Associates (RDA)
- Discussion of previous testimony related to outcome measures:
- Homework completion
- Skill development
- Positive behavioral changes
- Information about the research of the Academy of Sciences on critical features of programs that support healthy youth development
- Public comment
- Determine additional Items to report at the March Advisory Committee meeting – Discussion and Action
- Determine additional topics for next meeting – Discussion and Action
*All agenda items will be considered information and discussion items, unless noted otherwise.