February 27, 2008
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
1430 N Street, Room 1101
Purpose of the Workforce Development Subcommittee
The purpose of the Workforce Development Subcommittee of the Advisory Committee on Before and After School Programs is to provide information and advice to the Advisory Committee regarding issues and ideas related to workforce development in the after school arena. The committee will address issues related to the identification of new and emerging staff recruitment strategies, best practices in retention methods, and staff development approaches. This advice shall be based on regular and systematic input from providers, testimony from experts in the field, and the most current research available.
- Introduction of members
- Approval of minutes from the August 28, 2007, meeting - Action
- Chair report
- Philanthropy and the after school workforce
- Update on Collaboration between the David and Lucille Packard Foundation and the Employment Development Division to develop a model of the workforce for after school programs - Representatives of the Davis and Lucille Packard Foundation
- After School Job Fairs - Rebecca Goldberg, California School Age Consortium (CalSAC)
- The Workforce Investment Act (WIA), Workforce Investment Boards (WIBs), and the after school workforce
- Determine Items to report at the next Advisory Committee meeting
- Determine topics for next meeting
- Public comment
* All agenda items will be considered information and discussion items unless noted otherwise.