Expanded Learning Visionary Leadership AwardAward recognizing visionary leadership in Expanded Learning programs.
Every October, during the Lights On Afterschool celebrations at the State Capitol Building, the California Department of Education, Expanded Learning Division, presents the Expanded Learning Visionary Leadership Award to one or more individuals who have worked several years in the field of Expanded Learning and have demonstrated leadership, innovation, compassion, creativity, resourcefulness, and dedication in operating stellar after school programs.
California Expanded Learning Visionary Leadership Awardees:
- Randy Mehrten, Senior Director, Safe and Healthy Kids, Fresno County Office of Education
- Cindy Adams, Program Director, Lake County Office of Education
- Debe Loxton, Chief Operating Officer, LA’s Best
- Beth Chaton, Humboldt County Office of Education
- Jason Spring (1984-2014), Oakland Unified School District
- Verna Springer, Oakland Unified School District
- Debi Badger, Program Director, Santa Barbara Unified School District
- Janet Downey, Riverside Unified School District
- Mary Davis, Program Director, Glenn County Office of Education
California Expanded Learning Emerging Leadership Awardees:
- Tiffany Knuckles, Program Coordinator, Oakland Leaf Foundation
- Nate Houston, Expanded Learning Specialist, Center for Fathers and Families
- Jessy Tapia, Program Director, Oxnard USD