Skip to main content
California Department of Education Logo

Counseling & Student Support Funding

Funding information for counseling and student support services.

Funding for counseling and student support services is available through district general fund budgets; federal funding through Title I, Title IV, and other federal grant programs; Individuals with Disabilities Education Act funding; and federal Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Discretionary Grants.

California Department of Education (CDE) Funding
Grants, contracts, and apportionments from the CDE and other agencies.

U.S Department of Education Grants External link opens in new window or tab.
Grant opportunities from the U.S. Department of Education.
Questions:   Educational Options, Student Support, and American Indian Education Office | 916-323-2183
Last Reviewed: Monday, May 9, 2016
Recently Posted in Counseling/Student Support
  • February 2017 Meeting Minutes (added 21-Jun-2017)
    Minutes of the February 14, 2017 meeting of the Student Mental Health Policy Workgroup.
  • Student Mental Health Policy Workgroup (updated 21-Jun-2017)
    The Student Mental Health Policy Workgroup will assess the current mental health needs of California students and gather evidence to support its policy recommendations to the State Superintendent of Public Instruction and the California Legislature.
  • Funding Results (added 21-Jun-2017)
    Project Cal-Well funding results for fiscal year 2016-17.
  • Youth Suicide Prevention (updated 08-Jun-2017)
    A listing of resources to help school districts address the need for youth suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention, including a model youth suicide prevention policy for local educational agencies (LEAs).