The Imperial County Office of Education serves as lead agency to provide high-speed, high-bandwidth Internet access to county offices, school districts, and schools, kindergarten through grade twelve. Through a grant from the California Department of Education, the Imperial County Office of Education is responsible for administering the network, as well as providing for the continuation and growth of network services and other support activities. Lead agency responsibilities include:
- Technical oversight of the project
- Financial and administrative services, such as personnel, contracts, and budgets
- Collaboration and coordination with other agencies and projects
- Advancement of network usage
- State reporting and auditing
More information may be found on the California K-12 High Speed Network Web site (CAK12HSN).