The attached spreadsheet is a chronological listing of approval letters (XLS) issued by the California Department of Education (CDE), School Facilities and Transportation Services Division starting from June 3, 2013. The following is a listing of the spreadsheet's columns:
- County, District, School (CDS) number - the 14 digit County, District, School Code which identifies the county, the district or local educational agency (LEA), and the specific school.
- Project Tracking Number - common number associated with a project that will join application data utilized by the CDE, the Office of Public School Construction , and the Division of the State Architect .
- CDE project number - internal tracking number, unique to each project, for the CDE use in the processing and archiving of projects.
- CDE plan package number - internal tracking number, for the CDE use in processing plan review packages.
- CDE site package number - internal tracking number, for the CDE use in processing site review packages.
- County - name of the county.
- District - name of the district.
- School - name of the school.
- Also known as/or a brief project description - notation used if the school was previously recognized by another name or a brief description of the scope of the project.
- Project type - indicates the School Facility Program funding category the LEA has identified. Project types include: site, new school, new buildings, modernization, critically overcrowded schools, overcrowded relief grant, joint use, seismic, charter (new construction), charter (modernization), career technical education (new construction), or career technical education (modernization).
- Approval type - type of approval the project received. Approval types include: contingent site, site, preliminary plan, final plan, supercede, or renewal.
- Approval date - date the approval letter was issued.
- Division of the State Architect (DSA) number - the DSA's official stamp number for the set of plans.
- DSA approval date - the date the DSA formally approved the project.
- Division of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) site code - the DTSC number assigned to the school site.
- Total project square footage - the total square footage as reported to CDE.
- Number of K-6 classrooms - number of kindergarten through sixth grade classrooms contained in the project.
- Number of 7-8 classrooms - number of seventh and eighth grade classrooms contained in the project. Note that if the project is a sixth through eighth project all classrooms will be reported in this column.
- Number of 9-12 classrooms - number of ninth through twelfth grade classrooms contained in the project.
- Number of non-severe special day classrooms - number of non-severe special education classrooms contained in the project.
- Number of severe special day classrooms - number of severe special education classrooms contained in the project.
- Classroom total - a sum of the number of all types of classrooms in the project.
- Auditorium/Performing Arts - indicates an auditorium/performing arts facility is in the scope of work for the project.
- Library - indicates a library is in the scope of work for the project.
- Gym - indicates a gymnasium is in the scope of work for the project.
- Multi-purpose room - indicates a multi-purpose room is in the scope of work for the project.
AA. Existing acreage - total existing acreage of the school site, as reported by the district.
BB. Approved additional acreage - total acreage approved as an addition to an existing school site.
CC. Gross acreage - total acreage of the school site, as reported by the district.
DD. Net acreage - usable acres of the school site, as reported by the district. Net acres excludes land rendered useless by cuts, easements, steep hills, gullies, creek beds, large rock outcroppings, wetlands, marshland, and land in flood areas.
EE. Master plan acres - total acres recommended by the CDE, based upon the district reported number of pupils to be served when the site is at full capacity.
FF. Project acres - acres recommended by the CDE based upon the number of pupils included in the current project.