What is Coordinated School Health?
A coordinated approach to school health improves students’ health and their capacity to learn through the support of families, schools, and communities working together.
Academic Success and Coordinated School Health
A coordinated school health approach improves student health and academic success in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Achieving Academic Success Through Coordinated School Health (PDF)
- School Connectedness: Strategies for Increasing Protective Factors Among Youth (PDF)
- Helping Your Child Feel Connected to School (PDF)
- Fostering Student Connectedness: Improving Student Health and Academic Achievement (PDF)
- The Association Between School-Based Physical Activity, Including Physical Education and Academic Performance (PDF)
Building Infrastructure for Coordinated School Health
California's Blueprint (PDF; 1MB)
PowerPoint presentation on highlights from Building Infrastructure for Coordinated School Health: California's Blueprint.
Presentation for Building Infrastructure for Coordinated School Health (PDF)
PowerPoint presentation for Building Infrastructure for Coordinated School Health.
Building Infrastructure for Coordinated School Health: California's Blueprint (PDF; 2MB)
Publication for the recommendations of the Coordinated School Health Work Group, convened jointly by the California Department of Education and the California Department of Public Health.
Coordinated School Health - CalEdFacts
Part of California Department of Education's information and media guide about education in the State of California. For similar information on other topics, visit the full CalEdFacts.
Contacts for Coordinated School Health, HIV/STD Prevention Program, Health Services, School Nursing, Healthy Start, No Child Left Behind Title IV; Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities, Tobacco-Use Prevention Education, and School Safety and Violence Prevention.
State and national resources for implementation of coordinated school health.