Child Nutrition Information & Payment System (CNIPS)CNIPS is a new Web-based system for local sponsors of federal food programs to more easily submit and track the status of their applications, claims, changes, and commodity requests to the CDE.
- System Requirements
- File Layout Specifications
- Food Distribution Program (FDP)
- School Nutrition Programs (SNP)
What is the CNIPS?
The CNIPS is the California Department of Education's Web-based system for administering the federal and state Nutrition Programs, including the National School Lunch and Breakfast, Food Distribution, Special Milk, Child and Adult Care Food, Summer Food Service, and Seamless Summer Feeding Option programs. This system will significantly streamline, simplify, and modernize the ways in which local educational agencies (LEAs/sponsors) administer these programs, submit applications, site changes, claims for reimbursement, and other administrative actions.
Child Nutrition Information and Payment System - CalEdFacts
This content is part of California Department of Education's information and media guide about education in the State of California. For similar information on other topics, visit the full CalEdFacts.
- Submit applications, renewals/annual updates, claims for reimbursement, and site change requests online
- Increase timeliness and accuracy of claims submission, processing, and payments
- Reduce administrative burden on local agencies
- Access site and agency information across programs
- A valid e-mail address
- Access to the Internet using one of the following Web browsers:
- Netscape 6.0 or later version
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or later version
- Firefox 0.8 or later version
- Adobe Reader 7.0 or later version. This software is free.
- CACFP Point of Sale File Layout Specification (DOC; Dated Nov-2011)
- CACFP Sponsor's Meal Administrative System File Layout Specification (DOC; Dated Jul-2010)
Effective through June 2013.
- CACFP Sponsor's Meal Administrative System File Layout Specification (DOC; Dated Jul-2013)
Effective as of July 2013.
- SFSP Point of Service File Layout Specifications (DOC; Dated Jan-2013)
- SNP Point of Sale File Layout Specifications (DOC; Dated Jul-2014)
- FDP CNIPS Training
- Food Distribution Program Commodity Food Orders (Dated 05-Aug-2010)
- Food Distribution Program Module Available (Dated 09-Jul-2010)
- Food Distribution Program CNIPS Administrator (Dated 07-Jun-2010)
- Food Distribution Program Module of CNIPS (Dated 23-Dec-2009)
- Frequently Asked Questions for SNP
A list of frequently asked questions concerning School Nutrition Programs segments in the Child Nutrition Information and Payment System.
- SNP CNIPS Training
- SNP Mailing List
Sign up to receive school program CNIPS updates via e-mail.