SOUTH BAY UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT FAMILY/SCHOOL COMPACT
We understand how important the preschool experience is to each child. Our role as educators and positive role models is a critical aspect of that experience. Therefore, we agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of our ability:
- Provide developmentally appropriate instructional activities which promote future school success.
- Communicate regularly with parents about each child's progress.
- Help every child develop a love of learning.
- Provide a safe, positive, caring, learning environment.
- Appreciate all children as unique and capable individuals.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that improve teaching and learning and support the formation of partnerships with families and the community.
- Respect the school, and our children, staff, and families.
Date: ___________ Teacher/Instruction Aide Signatures: ___________________________
(Parents, please discuss with your child)
- Know and follow school and class rules.
- Come to school on time and ready to learn.
- Bring my lending library books and my Schoolgram envelope back to school.
- Talk to my parents and family about preschool.
- Limit my T.V. watching and ask my parent/family to read to me every day.
- Respect my school, classmates, teachers and other adults.
- Remember to say please and thank you.
Date: ________________Child's Name_________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature ________________________
I understand that my participation in my child's education will help his/her achievement and attitude. I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability.
- Provide a quiet time and place for reading. Monitor TV viewing and video games.
- Read to my child or encourage my child to participate in story time.
- Ensure that my child attends school every day and gets adequate sleep and proper nutrition.
- Regularly monitor my child's progress in school and read all information sent home by the teacher.
- Communicate the importance of education and learning to my child.
- Participate at school in activities such as school decision-making, volunteering, attending parent/teacher conferences, Open House, and other school special events.
- Remind my child to always use good manners.
- Obey all traffic procedures.
- Drop off and pick up my child on time.
- Keep all emergency information up to date.
Date_________________ Parent/Guardian Signature _________________________